Call Today +603-3344 1872 / +618-6490 6120

Family Migration

There are various types of visa available for Family Migration.

Partner category migration allows for the grant of a visa that permits married partners (ie. Opposite sex spouses) and de facto partners (including those in a same-sex relationship) of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and eligible New Zealand citizens to enter and remain permanently in Australia. There are 2 types of partner category visas: Prospective Marriage visa and Partner visa.

Children born outside Australia to permanent resident parents will need to apply for and be granted a migration (ie. Permanent resident) visa to be able to enter and remain in Australia with their parents. Children born in Australia automatically acquire Australian citizenship if at least one parent is an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of the child’s birth.

Parent visa is available to eligible parents of settled Australian citizens, settled Australian permanent residents or settled eligible New Zealand citizens. Applicants may apply for an offshore or onshore visa. Within the Family Stream of Australia’s annual Migration Program, a limited number of visa places are allocated to parent migration. There is a signi?cant waiting period for a parent category visa.